You almost have the answer in your post. You say "retrieve job value". If you shorten it to RTV for retrieve, JOB for job, and add an asterisk, you can enter RTVJOB* on a command line and see a list with the command RTVJOBA (retrieve job attributes). It has the parameter DATA, where you put a CL variable to receive the job date. Check the help for more info.