RE: PC Backup to IFS

fixed

Scott:

<What I do is make my backups from a custom-built FreeBSD CD. This is a
bootable CD that runs FreeBSD entirely off of the CD-ROM. It uses the TAR
utility from FreeBSD in conjunction with a program that I wrote to copy
the data from the PC's hard drive to the iSeries tape drive.  (It never
stores data on the iSeries DASD, it goes straight to the tape drive.)>

Can you expand on this Scott ? What kind of tape drive are you using and how
are you writing to it from the PC ?

Thanks !

Chuck