Al, I will have our Sys admin/programmer, Phil Kestenbaum call you.

Al Barsa <barsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Mike,

Please call.

Al

Al Barsa, Jr.
Barsa Consulting Group, LLC

400>390

"i" comes before "p", "x" and "z"
e gads

Our system's had more names than Elizabeth Taylor!

914-251-1234
914-251-9406 fax

http://www.barsaconsulting.com
http://www.taatool.com
http://www.as400connection.com

Mike Berman
com> To
Sent by: Midrange Systems Technical
midrange-l-bounce Discussion
s@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

10/11/2004 04:55 Subject
PM Re: Deleting PF's in QSPL

Please respond to
Midrange Systems
Technical
Discussion
nge.com>

Al, I was not intending to touch these. I observed one of our senior
persons doing this. I immediatly instinctively asked him to stop. Now the
question is what to do about this?

Al Barsa wrote:
Mike,

You are not intended to be messing with files in QSPL. The system manages
them automatically, by the user deleting spooled files from the associated
job, and by normally using the system value QRCLSPLSTG. If you delete
files in QSPL you could:

1. Execute the MAKEAMESS command and hose up your system
2. Be forced to do a "cold start" which will clear all output and job
queues.

Al

Al Barsa, Jr.
Barsa Consulting Group, LLC

400>390

"i" comes before "p", "x" and "z"
e gads

Our system's had more names than Elizabeth Taylor!

914-251-1234
914-251-9406 fax

http://www.barsaconsulting.com
http://www.taatool.com
http://www.as400connection.com

Mike Berman
com> To
Sent by: Midrange Systems Technical
midrange-l-bounce Discussion
s@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

10/11/2004 02:29 Subject
PM Re: Deleting PF's in QSPL

Please respond to
Midrange Systems
Technical
Discussion
nge.com>

Yes I put this in but what I want to know is if the files in QSPL can be
removed.

pnelson@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:Delete the spool files instead. Make the users
responsible for their own
housekeeping. I've got a spool file purge routine that I install at all my
client sites. Al Barsa has something similar in TAATOOL

Paul Nelson
Arbor Solutions, Inc.
708-670-6978 Cell
pnelson@xxxxxxxxxx

Mike Berman
10/11/2004 12:11 PM
Please respond to Midrange Systems Technical Discussion