Are we

1)  Doing a "one-shot" to temporarily move the data to the iSeries.  Clean
it up on the iSeries.  And move it back down.
2)  Replicating data between the two.  With the ability to sync them up on
occasion.
3)  Not storing the data in Access anymore but the Access front end would
query the DB2 database on the AS400 as needed.

Do you have iSeries Access?

One possibility is to export the data from Access into a different file
format.  Pick one of the ones that iSeries Access Data Transfer supports.
The trick here is creating a file with the same columns as you see in your
exported file.  Judging by what I perceive your background to be, you
might find it easier to create this intermediate file in DB2 using iSeries
Access Navigator Database tool.  There's other little tricks, like CCSID
but that's one general path to walk.

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

Tena Hewes <THewes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
10/11/2004 01:40 PM
Please respond to

"'midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx'" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Fax to

Subject
Data Transfer Tool

Hi All,
I am new to the programming aspect of the AS400 (I will be at COMMON
wearing
a "Newbie" sticker which gives me the right, according to my boss, to ask
stupid questions!) and I need a simple but effective way to transfer from
an
Access front-end, SQL driven database to an AS400 queue and back again.
I hope I am asking this in the correct forum? I did search the archives,
but
found nothing I was looking for.

Thanks in advance...
Tena