AFAIK, if the product does not provide a means outside of INSTALLP, then it
won't install. IBM has made at least one product available that normally takes
INSTALLP but also includes a non-default installation procedure. If no such
procedure is available for what you want to install, then you'll have to have
the vendor supply one.

This may be a very non-trivial procedure.

But if a general install procedure is available for platforms other than AIX,
it might be better to use one of those than INSTALLP anyway.

Tom Liotta

midrange-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>  10. PASE Questions (wdjohnston@xxxxxxxxxxx)
>I'm trying to install a product in the PASE environment.  The instructions
>call for the INSTALLP command which is not supported on the iSeries PASE
>Is there a way to manually install this product without the INSTALLP command?
>There is an INSTALL command, but I can't find any documentation on the switch
>options for this one.  I'm supposed to use INSTALLP -d.

Tom Liotta
The PowerTech Group, Inc.
19426 68th Avenue South
Kent, WA 98032