<snip>
> What we are doing is changing our NT4.0/W2K server network into a W2K3
> network AND also changing from one domain name to another
> name.  What I
> am trying to determine is if this is the only place that "Domain" gets
> changed.  Looking at all the commands when you do "GO CMDTCP", this
> seems to be all that makes sense.  The words "BMC" where changed from
> the old Domain name "Domain".  When I go into explorer for windows or
> however you display the P/C's in the Domain, I do not see the 400
> (BMC401) listed where I did see it listed when on the "old"
> domain.  The
> old domain has been decommissioned so there is no going back.  Or do I
> just need to wait for the WINS/DNS replication to do its magic?

If you expect to see the iSeries from Windows explorer, then you must be
running Netserver.  Netserver has a place where the _WINDOWS_ domain name
needs to be enter.

You can configure Netserver from iSeries Ops-Nav.  Note that you'll need to
use the "downlevel" Windows domain name normally used by Win NT and Win 9x
systems.

I know it's kind of confusing, the Windows domain name and the TCP/IP domain
name are two different things.  Even more confusing is that with Win 200x
and active directory, the Windows domain name is basically the TCP/IP domain
name.   But Windows 200x active directory allows you to specify or will
configure for you a "downlevel" domain name to use with NT or Win 9x
clients.  This downlevel name is what you need to stick into the iSeries
Netserver.

HTH,
Charles