To: <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, July 09, 2004 12:03 PM
Subject: Re: Check existence of a directory?

I recently had a need for a command to do the same thing and I found
some code at one of the AS/400 sites to do it.  Here's the source for my
 CL command processing program.  The command is called CHKIFSOBJ and it
simply passes a path name to the program.  The program will check for
the existence of both IFS directories and files, returning CPF9897
escape message if not found, very similar to CHKOBJ.  My apologies for
not crediting the author; I've lost the link to the site.  Note that the
source type is CLLE, not CLP.

I have a CL program that uses CHKDLO to determine the existence of a

folder.

We are changing things around to use directories. What would the

equivalent

command be to check for the existence of a directory? I assume we can't

use

wrklnk, because that will actually display the screen. Also, what would

the

correct msgid be?

Adam Lang
Systems Engineer
Rutgers Casualty Insurance Company
http://www.rutgersinsurance.com

list

----

Columns . . . : 1 80 Browse

QGPL/QCLSRC

SEU==>

CHKIFSOBJC

FMT ** ...+... 1 ...+... 2 ...+... 3 ...+... 4 ...+... 5 ...+... 6

...+... 7 ...+... 8

*************** Beginning of data

**************************************************************************** ***********

0001.00 PGM PARM(&PARM) /* CPP for CHKIFSOBJ command.

+ 040707

0001.01 Checks for the existence of an IFS +

040707

0001.02 file(s). Source type is CLLE, not CLP.

*/ 040707

0002.00

040707

0003.00 DCL VAR(&PARM) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(256)

040707

0004.00 DCL VAR(&RTNVALINT) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(4)

040707

0005.00 DCL VAR(&RTNVAL) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(2)

040707

0006.00 DCL VAR(&PATH) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(100)

040707

0007.00 DCL VAR(&BUF) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(4096)

040707

0007.01 DCL VAR(&NULL) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(1)

VALUE(X'00') 040707

0008.00

040707

0009.00 CHGVAR VAR(&PATH) VALUE(&PARM *TCAT &NULL)

040707

0010.00

040707

0011.00 CALLPRC PRC('stat') PARM(&PATH &BUF) +

040707

0012.00 RTNVAL(%BIN(&RTNVALINT 1 4))

040707

0013.00

040707

0014.00 CHGVAR VAR(&RTNVAL) VALUE(%BIN(&RTNVALINT))

040707

0015.00

040707

0016.00 IF COND(&RTNVAL *NE '00') THEN(SNDPGMMSG +

040707

0017.00 MSGID(CPF9897) MSGF(QCPFMSG) +

040707

0018.00 MSGDTA('Object ' *BCAT &PARM *BCAT 'not

+ 040707

0019.00 found.') MSGTYPE(*ESCAPE))

040707

0020.00 ENDPGM