First, you need to define your Query/400.  On the SELECT RECORDS Screen,
you need to use a colon (:) to qualify the fields as follows:
                                Select Records
  Type comparisons, press Enter.  Specify OR to start each new group.
  Tests:  EQ, NE, LE, GE, LT, GT, RANGE, LIST, LIKE, IS, ISNOT...
AND/OR  Field             Test   Value (Field, Number, 'Characters', or
        DATE1             EQ     :USERDATE1
 AND    DATE2             EQ     :USERDATE2

A second screen will pop-up:  (You can specify any file in use by the

                     Specify Dependent Value Qualifiers
Type choices, press Enter.
  Qualifier type . . . .   2              1=Query, 2=File
  Query or file  . . . .   UNCFORDS       Name, F4 for list of files
    Library  . . . . . .     PRODLIB      Name, *LIBL, F4 for list
  For choice 2=File:
    File member  . . . .   *FIRST         Name, *FIRST, F4 for list
Second, on a CL, use STRQMQRY command to run the query as follows:

        NOTE: Work fields must be type *CHAR, no matter that the field is a
on the query.

Hope this helps,

Peter Vidal
PALL Aeropower Corporation
SR Programmer Analyst
5775 Rio Vista Drive
Clearwater, FL 33760-3137

"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior
spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive
with our frail and feeble mind."
Albert Einstein