Your are right on target. Please enlighten me carl. <VBG>

Thanks

Bruce 'Hoss' Collins
CTO
VeriQik
256 Honeysuckle Road
Suite 8
Dothan, AL 36305
(334) 836-1100
101001110.1101000100.10001001100

"Carl Galgano" <cgalgano2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
06/27/04 08:37 AM
Please respond to Midrange Systems Technical Discussion

        To:     "'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'"
<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: Security Code

My impression is that Bruce has either written or is going to resell an
AS400 product.  He would like to be able to have people "trial" the
software, but would like for it to expire after a certain time if the user
does not pay the license fee.  Also, If he sells his software to company
1,
he does not want company 1 to sell/give away the software to company 2, or
load it on a second iSeries that company 1 may have, but has not licensed
the software for.

Bruce, I have written some code to do this.  It allows for a 30 day trial
key and a perm key, and will prevent the software from being run if it
expires.

cjg

Carl J. Galgano
EDI Consulting Services, Inc.
600 Kennesaw Avenue, Suite 400
Marietta, GA  30060
(770) 422-2995 - voice
(419) 730-8212 - fax
mailto:cgalgano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.ediconsulting.com
AS400 EDI, Networking, E-Commerce and Communications Consulting and
Implementation
http://www.icecreamovernight.com
Premium Ice Cream Brands shipped Overnight

Visit our website to subscribe to our FREE AS/400 Timesharing Service