Yeah...I'm sure the hardware will be a lot cheaper for equivalent power.
That software subscription can get you though. I don't do as much
development as I used to do - mainly consulting anymore - so I don't
think I'll get another system. Had an AS/400 or iSeries in my house for
about 15 years or so.