Hi Phillip,

Thanks for coming to the rescue again and to wake me up !

The first time that I installed the LIC,
I immediately selected to install the OS. ( without adding the other disks to
the ASP )
After confirmation of the language, I received the message "Missing disk
configuration"

Reinstalled the LIC and added the remaining disks to the ASP.
Checked the status of them and saw an * in the %-used column.
The message "not known until IPL trough storage management recovery"
got me confused , so I IPLd from the B-side.
( Without even trying to install the OS at that point ! )
But as You pointed out, there's indeed nothing to IPL from at that time.

I then went into the "Product activity log" and saw those awful messages.
Browsing a little bit on the web, I got the impressing that there was something
seriously wrong with my disks.
Although the "surface check" indicated no problems, I must say that I started
to panic a little bit...

So I did a reinstall of the LIC, added the disks and selected to install the OS.
And BINGO, after the necessary cups of coffee and cigarettes the system was
installed.
Ran into some problems with the installation of QGPL and QUSRSYS, these are now
solved.
Now I only have to do some cleanup and reconfiguration.

I hope that my ex-colleague is able to find the licencekeys before the end of
the grace-period :-)

As I told You, this is my very first scratch install on an AS400.
Aldough it is only a 170 running V4R3, it was a great experience.
Especially having no deadline that needs to be met.
A V5RX would be better of course, I don't have the intention however to spend
my savings on IBM :-)

Thanks again Philipp, should You ever come to Antwerp then let me know.
The least I can do is to buy You some drinks.

Kind regards,

Chris

                               )()
                               ()(
 ( _\ //////    /              / \    Just another nail
   (  (_)__)J-)                 Email : Chris.Spirinckx@xxxxxxxxxx
   (  /`.,   /                  ICQ   : 14033396
    \/  ;   /                   MSN   : Spirre