Hi all,

In order to do a scratch install of the system I proceeded as follows :

Manually IPLd from the D-side using the system backup on tape.

Used the option "install LIC and recover configuration"
Got the message "Missing disk configuration"
Did the recovery as suggested and got "No valid Disk configuration found"

In DST I noticed that only the load-source was part of the system ASP,
the 3 other disks were not assigned to an ASP.

Used the option to add those disk to the system ASP.
Got the warning "Unit possibly configured for Power PC AS"
Pressed CF10 and Enter in order to continue.

After this process the system ASP contained all 4 disk, unprotected.
The disks have a status DPY/Active.
%-used is "*" ==> "not known until IPL trough storage management recovery"
Recovering the configuration failed ==> "Function not required"

I then performed a manual IPL from the B-side without turning the machine off
This stopped at function C6004508, no attention light.
"Missing disk configuration" on the console.
Recovering the configuration failed ==> "Function not required"

Went into DST and selected "Product activity log"
There I found 2 entries:

System Ref code : B6005120
Class : Info
Resource : CMB01
Resource type : 675A
Second code : 00000015
Table ID : B600FA00
IPL Source/state : B/7
No description available
System reference code data
11- A600 5120
12- 0000 0062
13- 0001 0005
14- 0000 0015
15- 0000 0003
16- A0B0 08C1
17- 0000 0110
18- 675A 0004
19- 0000 0000

System Ref code : B6005090
Class : Qualified
Resource : blank
Resource type : blank
Second code : 00000000
Table ID : B600FA00
IPL Source/state : B/7
No description available
System reference code data
11- A600 5090
12- 0000 0060
13- 0001 0000
14- 0000 0000
15- 0000 0000
16- 0000 0000
17- 0000 0000
18- 0000 0000
19- 0000 0000

The help text also refered to the task SFDM in the Display/Alter dump menu.
Couldn't find this in the tasklist, however SFDA/SFS3 and SFSD are listed.

I also checked the following options :
"Reclaim IOP storage"
"Verify disk surface"
"Failed and non-reporting resources"