IIS server is number 1 on the Top Ten list of Microsoft vulnerabilities
compiled
by the FBI and NIPC. In fairness, I would add the Apache web server is
number
3 on the Unix Top Ten list. It is all a matter of implementation, but I
think general consensus
is that Apache is far more secure than IIS. In addition, the strength of the
iSeries
is that a denial of service against both servers, and the Windows server
will often
crash, but the iSeries will not.
If you look at netcraft's history of web servers, you will see a steady
migration away
from IIS (to Apache) for the above reasons.
http://www.sans.org/top20/#threats
I have client running AS400 webserver since 1999 in a small shop, with
minimal
firewall. It has never dropped. The network (Windows) has been hacked
multiple times,
fell over during redworm, comprimised by nimbda, and the as400 kept going,
taking
their web orders (all rpg/cgi programs). Nobody has to watch it. I keep the
ptf's up to date.

jim franz