I thought of that.  There are already several utilities out there that IBM
has renamed to appease those who prefer the IBM commands.  Granted, in
general I do prefer the IBM naming convention.  However, if a command is
used across multiple operating systems, then I'll use the standard.
Examples abound in the TCP/IP according to IBM world
NETSTAT = WRKTCPSTS
NSLOOKUP = STRDNSQRY
PING = VFYTCPCNN

But if this is all it takes to make a customer happy...

By the way, are DSPF/EDTF a pair of those commonly found commands?

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

michaelr_41@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
03/22/2004 02:07 PM
Please respond to

"Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: Record size limitation in RPG - MQ Series

Create a command called DSPUSRSPC. Have it associated with a CL of the
same name. One liner in the CL - DSPF.

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 13:59:33 -0500, rob@xxxxxxxxx said:
> I see your point.
>
> However, what would you expect a 'iseries' based command to give you, to

> work with a user space, that EDTF/DSPF doesn't?  If it isn't that much
> more capable, or easier to use, then I just as soon they put the money
> into something else.
>
> If IBM created a command, DSPUSRSPC, and it looked pretty much like
DSPF,