> Alan Kincer wrote:
> Under WRKACTJOB there is a CPU percentage that I would like to have
> displayed on all screens / menus so users will quit bugging me whenever
they
> run these jobs that keep it at 100%  from 5-10 minutes at a time and then
> call me wondering why the 400 is "so slow."
> It would be even better if the number was red when it passed a certain
> threshold...say 80% or so.
>
> No matter how many times I explain it no one seems to remember. Arrgh!
> Anyway.....Can it be done?

Alan,
One way I know of is the QWCRSSTS API, using list format SSTS0200.

If you need an example, let me know.  I used it in a command called
WRKSBSJOBQ.
The code is RPG400 and was written several years ago, but it still works...

This command shows a screen with a tree view of all subsystems.  The Maximum
number of active jobs and current number of active jobs is shown for each
subsystem.

The attached job queues show as branches underneath each subsystem, with
maximum jobs allowed to run for each job queue and the current number of
jobs in each job queue.

At the top of the WRKSBSJOBQ display I have some of the information that
shows up on the WRKSYSSTS screen, like %CPU, Jobs in system,
System ASP size, and %System ASP used.

All of this information is retrieved by calling the appropriate API's.

Example (may wrap):

                          Work with Subsystem Job Queues
BUBBA
                                                               3/06/04
10:07:27
  % CPU used . . . . . . . :           .9      Auxiliary Storage:
  Elapsed time . . . . . . :    00:15:13        System ASP . . . . . . :
25770  M
  Jobs in system . . . . . :          343        % system ASP used. . . :
49.5303

  Type options, press Enter.
  3=Hold   5=Display   6=Release   8=DSPSBSD   9=Print Descr   12=WRKSBSD
14=Clear

       Subsystem/               Sequence                       Maximum
  Opt  Job Queue     Library      Number  Allocated  Status     Active
Jobs
         QBATCH        QSYS                                  *ACTIVE
*NOMAX         0
           QBATCH      QGPL               10      *YES         RLS
1         0
           QS36EVOKE   QGPL               20      *YES         RLS
*NOMAX         0
           QTXTSRCH    QGPL               50      *YES         RLS
*NOMAX         0
         QCMN          QSYS                                  *ACTIVE
*NOMAX         7
         QCTL          QSYS                                  *ACTIVE
*NOMAX         1
           QCTL        QSYS               10      *YES         RLS
*NOMAX         0
         QINTER        QSYS                                  *ACTIVE
*NOMAX         1
           QINTER      QGPL               10      *YES         RLS
*NOMAX         0

More...
  F3=Exit     F5=Refresh     F9=WRKACTJOB     F10=Restart statistics
F11=WRKJOBSCDE
  F12=Cancel               F17=Print        F21=Command line

Steve Landess
Austin, Texas
(512) 423-0935