Sounds like a nice UPS. How many hours can an 820 run on a 16kva UPS?

 -----Original Message-----
From:   Chris Bipes [mailto:chris.bipes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent:   Friday, March 05, 2004 9:33 AM
To:     'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject:        RE: UPS & Tape Drive

We are looking at the new LTO2 tape drives.  Though if your 820 is like our
820, you cannot add the PCI-x LVD card to run it.  There is a new 23 tape
LTO2 library that fiber attaches and the card is available for a PCI based
820.  If you have the PCI-x card based 820 or an expansion tower that is
PCI-x based then I would go with the 7 tape LVD attached LTO2 drive.  I do
not remember the model number.  (3581?)

For UPS I use and recommend the Powerware line of systems.  We have the 12
slot 9170 set up at 16kva and expandable to 32kva.  We put the Ethernet
adapter in it and can monitor and control the UPS from our desk top.  It
also sends e-mail when the power fails directly to a distribution list that
includes all of our pagers and cell phones.  With VPN I can monitor the
power failure from home and see the run time remaining.  A sweet system.