You become a designer, of course.  And to think you thought the only forces
in the universe were strong, weak, electromagnetic, and gravitational.how
about the Peter Principal as the fifth?

Actually, I'm looking for feedback on upper-level CASE tools.

I need a tool (really, a better methodology with a supporting tool) I can
use with users who know their business processes and rules thoroughly but
are unable to present their knowledge of the rules, especially the
exceptions to the rules, in an organized way.  By using a tool, I'll have an
organized way to enter rules and processes, and provide user-palatable
output.  Then I'd like to take the user-level output (flow diagrams,
explanations, etc.) and add additional detail (pseudocode, etc.), thus
providing a programmer with a relatively complete flow/logic/control
structure.  It looks like I need an "agile modeling" tool with mostly
upper-level, but some lower-level, CASE capability.

It appears that having a tool like this will significantly simplify handling
user design change requests.  Going from nothing to something is hard
enough; going from one place to another application programming-wise can be
murder, and it's frequently programming quicksand.

Rational is out; it's more than I need in both cost and functionality.
While UML is on its way to becoming the standard, that's not exactly the way
I want to go.I think.  I'm looking at SmartCase and Visual Case; B-liner is
interesting and is cheap.  Any other suggestions?

Also, I'd appreciate any war stories on the proper way to utilize the
methodology and the tools.

Thanks,

Reeve