From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Vern Hamberg
Sent: Monday, March 01, 2004 11:38 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: AS/400 to IBM connection NOT thru line modems

We use the LinkSys VPN router. It has settings to enable IPSEC
passthrough
and PPTP passthrough. So do you think that I can set the multihop
external
address to that of the router and this should work? The setting is for
going through another system or LPAR - that sounds like an iSeries that
is
live on the Internet. It talks about using a box of some kind on which
you've set up a connection to IBM.

Would I use the public address of the LinkSys, or the internal one?

Hoping for some fun.

Vern