Pretty much what Vern said.

We use a program like this on our iSeries

PGM (                                                                +
      &REMOTE          /* Name of remote PC.                      */ +
      &USER            /* Name of user on remote PC.              */ +
      &PASSWORD        /* User's password on remote PC.           */ +
    )

    DCL  &CMD         *CHAR 200  /* Command to run                   */
    DCL  &CONTROLPC   *CHAR  15  /* PC controller.                   */
    DCL  &FILELIB     *CHAR  10  /* Name of file library             */
    DCL  &HIKEY       *CHAR   4  /* Highest message key              */
    DCL  &KEYVAR      *CHAR   4  /* Message key variable             */
    DCL  &LOWKEY      *CHAR   4  /* Lowest message key               */
    DCL  &MSG         *CHAR 256  /* Message description              */
    DCL  &MSGDTA      *CHAR 512  /* Message field data               */
    DCL  &MSGDTASND   *CHAR 512  /* Message field data               */
    DCL  &MSGF        *CHAR  10  /* Message file name                */
    DCL  &MSGFLIB     *CHAR  10  /* Library containing message file  */
    DCL  &MSGID       *CHAR   7  /* Error message id                 */
    DCL  &MSGKEY      *CHAR   4  /* Current message key              */
    DCL  &MSGRPY      *CHAR   1  /* Reply to message                 */
    DCL  &MSGSENDER   *CHAR  80  /* Who responded to a message?      */
    DCL  &PASSWORD    *CHAR  10  /* Remote password                  */
    DCL  &REMOTE      *CHAR  10  /* Remote system name               */
    DCL  &SUBJECT     *CHAR  44  /* Subject of distribution          */
    DCL  &USER        *CHAR  10  /* Remote user id                   */
    DCL  &FACIL       *CHAR   2  /* Facility Code                    */

    DCL  &FILNAM      *CHAR  10  /* FILE NAME                        */
    DCL  &FILMBR      *CHAR  10  /* FILE MEMBER                      */

    DCL  &LOCK        *CHAR   1

SETUP:
             RTVDTAARA  DTAARA(SSASYS (170 10)) RTNVAR(&FILELIB)

    /*     +
     | Execute command on PC to upload file.     +
    */
ATTEMPT:

    /*     +
     | Determine starting message key.  This will allow us to     +
     | retrieve the diagnostic message.     +
    */
             SNDPGMMSG  MSG(TEST) TOPGMQ(*SAME) KEYVAR(&LOWKEY)
             RMVMSG     MSGKEY(&LOWKEY)

    /*     +
     | Clear out any existing data.     +
    */

/*           CLRPFM     FILE(&FILELIB/&REMOTE) MBR(&REMOTE) */
             IF         COND(&REMOTE = 'PVC23') THEN(DO)
             CHGVAR     VAR(&FILNAM) VALUE('PVC3')
             ENDDO
             ELSE       CMD(DO)
             CHGVAR     VAR(&FILNAM) VALUE(&REMOTE)
             ENDDO

             CLRPFM     FILE(&FILELIB/&FILNAM) MBR(&FILNAM)

    /*     +
     | UPLOAD.BAT performs the following tasks:     +
     | 1-Convert the PC data from Access into Comma Seperated     +
     | Variable via a program that Glenn Kump wrote.     +
     | 2-Upload the file into the library.  Check out the     +
     | program \PVC4XX\PVCMDB.TFR on the PC.     +
     | I recommend setting it up so that the file uploaded     +
     | is named after the PC.  For example PVC3.  This will allow     +
     | the use of the variable &REMOTE.     +
    */

/*           IF         COND(&REMOTE = 'PVC3') THEN(DO)            */
             IF         COND(&REMOTE = 'PVC23') THEN(DO)
             CHGVAR     VAR(&CMD) VALUE('D:\PVC4XX\UPLOAD.BAT')
/*           CHGVAR     VAR(&CONTROLPC) VALUE('PVC3')              */
             CHGVAR     VAR(&CONTROLPC) VALUE('PVC23')
             ENDDO
             ELSE       CMD(DO)
             CHGVAR     VAR(&CMD) VALUE('D:\PVC4XX\' *TCAT &REMOTE +
                          *TCAT '.BAT')
/*           CHGVAR     VAR(&CONTROLPC) VALUE('PVC1')       */
             CHGVAR     VAR(&CONTROLPC) VALUE('PVC20')
             ENDDO

 /* Give the remote commands 5 minutes to complete.    LTS02          */
 /* If the remote job returns, cancel the kill order.  LTS02          */
 /* LTS03d   KILLJOB    DLY(300)   LTS02*/
             KILLJOB    DLY(600) /*LTS03a*/

             PING       RMTSYS(&CONTROLPC) MSGMODE(*QUIET *ESCAPE)
             MONMSG     MSGID(TCP3210 TCP3202) EXEC(GOTO CMDLBL(ALERT))

/*PM002*/    OVRPRTF    FILE(QSYSPRT)         +
                               OUTQ(*LIBL/BPCSOUTQ) +
                               HOLD(*YES)

  /*LTS02d   KILLJOB    DLY(300)   LTS01*/

             RUNRMTCMD  CMD(&CMD) +
                          RMTLOCNAME(&CONTROLPC *IP) RMTUSER(&USER) +
                          RMTPWD(&PASSWORD)
             MONMSG     MSGID(CPF91CC) EXEC(GOTO CMDLBL(CPF91CC))
             KILLNOT             /*LTS01*/
             GOTO       CMDLBL(UPLOADED)

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073