It's hard to believe there are no logical files - you did not say this, but I inferred this from your post. Of course, physical files can have keys, as you say.

I suggest you execute something like

DSPFD FILE(*ALLUSR/*ALL)
      TYPE(*BASATR)
      OUTPUT(*OUTFILE)
      FILEATR(*PF *LF)

(you need also to name an output file)

and check whether you have logicals in your user library.

Then use DSPDBR against the physical files, esp., in those libraries.

Or see whether you have the commands ANZDBF & ANZDBFKY. These do all the hard work for you, then produce reports with all the keys over the files in selected libraries. You need Performance Tools to get these. TAATOOLS has something, as well.

Without DDS (BTW, it's easy to create source for these - see below), you can use SQL and add constraints, both primary and unique. I don't believe the keys of a physical file are considered a primary index - I forget. There is not an ALTER CONSTRAINT - you must DROP the old one and ADD the new one. Or you can CREATE INDEX in SQL to generate new ones. Again, there is not an ALTER INDEX, so it's a DROP/ADD process.

There are commands for reverse-engineering DDS for physical files. Here's a site with links to various of these:
<http://www.as400pro.com/TipsProgTips8.htm#8>

As Elvis said, once you change the keys in PF source, CHGPF will change it.

HTH
Vern