From: rob@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:rob@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2003 2:01 PM
To: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Suppression of joblogs

When a job completes without any hassles how do you prevent it from
generating a joblog?  We already have them go to a nonprinting output
queue.  However we don't want them to generate at all.

All messages in the joblog at sev 00.
The CPI1125 job submitted message has...LOG(4 10 *SECLVL) LOGCLPGM(*NO)...

For testing purposes I tried the following
SBMJOB CMD(DSPOBJD OBJ(ROB) OBJTYPE(*USRPRF) OUTPUT(*PRINT))
       JOB(R4)
       LOG(1 10 *SECLVL)
       LOGCLPGM(*NO)
That, and the following 3 options, all generated joblogs.
       LOG(2 10 *SECLVL)
       LOG(3 10 *SECLVL)
       LOG(4 10 *SECLVL)

The following option
       LOG(0 10 *SECLVL)
does not generate a joblog.  Even if I attempt to induce an error by
introducing an error, like this nonexistant user.
SBMJOB CMD(DSPOBJD OBJ(ROBXTYH) OBJTYPE(*USRPRF) OUTPUT(*PRINT))
       JOB(R5)
       LOG(0 00 *SECLVL)
       LOGCLPGM(*NO)
"Job 700333/ROB/R5 ended abnormally." appears in DSPMSG ROB.  However
WRKJOB 700333/ROB/R5 results in
Job 700333/ROB/R5 not found.

I wouldn't mind getting a joblog.  However only when the joblog contains a
message with a severity greater than or equal of the one expressed.

"All creatures will make merry... under pain of death."
-Ming the Merciless (Flash Gordon)