I'm new to the list, though I've used the archives before and have been
active in the comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc newsgroup for a number of years now.

So pardon me for any mistakes in posting or etiquette.

I wanted to get in on this discussion, since my new shop is currently
evaluation CMS solutions like the original poster.

In particular, I'm hoping to hear more from Nelson Smith or others with
experience in both Aldon,Turnover and/or MKS.

I have 5+ years working with and administering Aldon at my previous
position. At my new position, we recently demo'd both Aldon and Turnover.
I'd agree with Nelson that administering Aldon is easy.  But I'd like to
hear more about the changes Nelson wanted to make to how it worked that he
couldn't with Aldon but could with Turnover.  During my time using Aldon,
about the only problems I ran into was that it seemed to be a bit behind in
SQL support.

The thing I noticed about Turnover, was that it did seem more configurable
up front.  The green screen interface seemed considerably less cleaner and
harder to use than what Aldon was.  What was simple to do in Aldon, seemed
to not be so simple in Turnover.  Note: I wasn't the only one left with that
impression, the rest of our team including those without experience in
either package felt the same.

Granted a web-demo isn't the best way to eval a product.  We hope to get
both installed at some point for a little hands on.

While I'd like to see Aldon, simply because I'm familiar with it.  I'd be
happy to get any CMS in here that fits our needs.  Biggest problem with
Aldon at the moment is it's price.  What we're hearing is a couple of times
higher than Turnover's.  It seems very strange that the two products don't
seem to even be in the same ballpark when it comes to pricing.

Lastly, let me specifically point out that we are looking at Turnover vs.
Affiniti.  Multi-platform is one reason, but more importantly is the WDSC
integration for green screen RPG and for non-RPG iSeries development.

Charles