Observations:
 - Mono Project is currently not at a Release 1.0 level.
 - Lot more required to be prime time on any platform. Slated for
Release 1.0 by end 2003 early 2004.
 - Patents have been applied for by MS for core components.
 - Sun supports ASP via buy from ChilliSoft for ASP code.
 - The Mono C# Compiler is released under the terms of the GNU GPL
(Currently being challenged by SCO).
 - The Mono runtime libraries are under the GNU Library GPL.
 - And the Mono class libraries are released under the terms of the MIT
X11 license.
 - Java Mono interoperability is possible via script interface.

If Mono were available on iSeries, question is what would be the level
of interset/uptake/adoption?
This begs the further enquiry; how many iSeries shops currently rely
on/use this technology now elswhere?

I am interested in others views on this!

Regards,

Bob Moore

Arterial Software
http://www.arterialsoftware.com