From: Booth Martin [mailto:Booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 2:25 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: VisualAge RPG - Data Access

FPARTS IF E K DISK REMOTE

C PSH_OK BEGACT PRESS FR_COST_I1

   *

C *START SETLL PARTS

C READ (e) PARTS

C eval   %setatr('FR_COST_I1':'PNUM':'Text') = PNUM35

   *

C ENDACT

 is how I would write it.

You say it compiles OK?  So it must reach the iSeries.  Otherwise it'd have
no idea what PNUM35 is.

As an experiment I might remove the K from the F spec and then

C  1     chain (e) Parts

instead of the setll and Read.

Booth Martin   http://www.MartinVT.com

Booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx