midrange-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>  10. RE: MIDRANGE-L Digest, Vol 2, Issue 1528 (James H. H. Lampert)
>
>> Second, IE is still functionally different from Mozilla as far as the
>> DOM is concerned (for example, changing events).  Is it a sound business
>> idea to lock into a browser architecture that is different than some 94%
>> of the world?
>
>That's not only NOT a reason TO embrace Imploder; it's a reason NOT to
>embrace it, and NOT to design pages specifically for it.

This issue isn't confined to IE/Mozilla/xxx. An increased level of
functionality tied to penetration also is applicable to OS/400, particularly
for developers.

When I put a bunch of stuff that I've had for years up on my web site (
http://zap.to/tl400 ) I tried to make it as version/release independent as I
could. I even wanted it to be LPP independent in the sense that I didn't want
to require any compilers beyond what's supplied with OS/400. (There are one or
two exceptions and I think I've figured how to get around those.)

We've collected info at work from customers and prospects to get a picture of
what we need to target our products at. But I'm personally interested in what
the next batch of examples that I dump onto my site should target. I've done a
lot in the past few years and almost none has been posted anywhere. So...

I created a Yahoo groups poll...

Select the versions of OS/400 you use and lets see what this community consists
of.

Tom Liotta