Booth Martin wrote:

> Lets say there is a display screen with a date field on it and the DDS for
> the screen defines it as DATFMT(*JOB).  This is all very nice but I'd like
> to show the user a field next to it that says "mm/dd/yy" or "yyyy-mm-dd" or
> whatever the format is.  Is there a simple way to do that?

Here's a fairly simple way to get the right format and separator:

D datechar        s              8a
D p               s             10i 0
 /free
      datechar = %char(d'1975-02-13' : *jobrun);
      if %subst(datechar : 4 : 3) = '044';  // 31 + 13 julian days
         %subst(datechar : 1 : 2) = 'yy';
         %subst(datechar : 4 : 3) = 'ddd';
      else;
         datechar = %xlate('750213' : 'yymmdd' : datechar);
      endif;
      dsply datechar;
      *inlr = '1';
 /end-free