From: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Date: Tuesday, February 04, 2003 15:44:21
Subject: Operational Issue- remote outq..

Hello everyone..
We have an M36 , which directs output to a remote outq (lexmark), in the
factory.
>From the 36 side, a subconsole designation would allow the operator at a
terminal to control the output to
printers assigned to the subconsole device.

How is this same level of control done on the /400 side, when for example, a
forms jam occurs, or other
operational issues arise?
Ideally we would like to have the operator in the factory, have the ability
to issue a 'C' or 'G' to messages
issued, when forms are changed, or error messages appear, similar to the
subconsole affect on the /36.
Without of course giving that operator SYSOPR capablity
This is a 170 V4R4, with all cum updates.
Your help is greatly appreciated...

Ken Shields
Oshawa systems group
Works 81, Oshawa Ontario