Hello everyone..
        We have an M36 , which directs output to a remote outq (lexmark), in
the factory.
        From the 36 side, a subconsole designation would allow the operator at
a terminal to control the output to
        printers assigned to the subconsole device.

        How is this same level of control done on the /400 side, when for
example, a forms jam occurs, or other
        operational issues arise?
        Ideally we would like to have the operator in the factory, have the
ability to issue a 'C' or 'G' to messages
        issued, when forms are changed, or error messages appear, similar to
the subconsole affect on the /36.
        Without of course giving that operator SYSOPR capablity
        This is a 170 V4R4, with all cum updates.
Your help is greatly appreciated...

Ken Shields
Oshawa systems group
Works 81, Oshawa Ontario