Steve,

I'm not sure that it would cause thrashing, (where the OS is spending
more energy paging stuff in and out of memory than it is running jobs).
But you have a very valid point about mixing classes.  If half of your
activity levels are allocated to jobs running under the QBATCH class
(default timeslice of 5 seconds), then jobs running under the QINTER
class (default timeslice of 2 seconds) will need to wait longer for an
activity level.  Thus your interactive jobs will suffer a greater lag
when it needs to page into memory.  If I recall correctly, the run
priority level will only have an impact when it comes time to get an
activity level, once the a job has an activity level, it will keep it
until the end of it's timeslice.

Regards,
Andy Nolen-Parkhouse