On Thursday 23 January 2003 5:45 pm, rob@dekko.com wrote:
> Granted, not supported and not functional are two different things,
> however the 'word' is
> http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/support/planning/v5r1hardw
>are.html

I was reading that this afternoon and obviously missed the 2664 reference
:(

> Now the V5R1 documentation recommended the 2761.  However the V5R2
> documentation yanks the 2761 and pushes the 2805 or 2806, (depending on
> your country).  We have the 2805, and it does have a nasty tendency to
> fail, port by individual port.  IBM hasn't given up yet and has sent me
> some testing equipment.
> http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/support/planning/v5r2hardw
>are.html

We don't use it that heavily, in fact I think it languished there for a
year or so before a use was found for it, so we might be able to push it
off to another platform. We've got Zetafax running (*most* of the time)
on a W2k server, and I presume faxing can be done through Domino, so it
gives me some other options. It's probably cheaper than getting a new
card, and I guess we'd need to reconfigure our software to accomodate it
anyway.

Cheers

Regards, Martin
--
martin@dbg400.net  AIM/Gaim: DBG400dotNet  http://www.dbg400.net   /"\
DBG/400 - DataBase Generation utilities - AS/400 / iSeries Open    \ /