Granted, not supported and not functional are two different things,
however the 'word' is
http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/support/planning/v5r1hardware.html

Now the V5R1 documentation recommended the 2761.  However the V5R2
documentation yanks the 2761 and pushes the 2805 or 2806, (depending on
your country).  We have the 2805, and it does have a nasty tendency to
fail, port by individual port.  IBM hasn't given up yet and has sent me
some testing equipment.
http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/support/planning/v5r2hardware.html

Also future releases of OS/400 will not support SPD.
http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/support/planning/futurehdwr.html

I love reading those statement of directions, like AIX on iSeries (SOD -
April 2002).  I guess the recent announcements confirmed that one.

Benjamin Franklin

Martin Rowe <martin@dbg400.net>
Sent by: midrange-l-bounces@midrange.com
01/23/2003 11:29 AM
Please respond to Midrange Systems Technical Discussion