On Sunday 19 January 2003 2:52 pm, Joe Pluta wrote:
> > From: Andy Nolen-Parkhouse
> >
> > A quick glance at an Excel file saved in CSV format shows that
> > internal double quotes are doubled.  The value asdf"asdf is stored as
> > "asdf""asdf".  I don't have the ability to check on an iSeries.  Is
> > there any chance that the CPYTOIMPF would perform this doubling of
> > internal quotes?
>
> Not on V4R5:
>
> LAPTOP         Lightweight 1.5GHz Laptop
> MON-17-LCD     17" LCD Flatpanel Monitor
>
> ...ends up as...
>
> "LAPTOP         ","Lightweight 1.5GHz Laptop     "
> "MON-17-LCD     ","17" LCD Flatpanel Monitor     "
>
> The double quote in record two is not escaped (doubled).

FWIW there's a csv creation utility[1] on my site that gives the option of
a replacement character, if the string or field delimiter is found within
the string itself. Our users have no problem launching these .csv files
sent as attachments and they open fine in Excel when launched from the
mail client (Notes in our case).

Regards, Martin
[1] http://www.dbg400.net/crtcsv.html
--
martin@dbg400.net  AIM/Gaim: DBG400dotNet  http://www.dbg400.net   /"\
DBG/400 - DataBase Generation utilities - AS/400 / iSeries Open    \ /