Hi Steve,

We used this procedure to generate "QRPLOBJ" (eg: Q0291B05E4 ) type names
for another function, do you think that will be enough for the auditors ?

Narayanan R Pillai
Senior Technical Architect
American Medical & Life Insurance
<code>

     **** Project name        : Create "QRPLOBJ" File name         ****
     **** Program name        : GETFILNAM                          ****
     **** Program description : Creates a file name like those in  ****
     ****                       QRPLOBJ.                           ****
     **** Author              : Pillai                             ****
     **** Date created        : August 2000                        ****
     D Time            S             12  0
     D  InString       S             25
     D  OutString      S             50
     D HexDigits       C                   Const('0123456789ABCDEF')
      * Define all Procedures used in the Program
     D CnvrtHex        PR
     D                               25
     D                               50
     D                 Ds
     D Binary                         9B 0
     D Character                      4    OverLay(Binary)

     C     *entry        Plist
     C                   parm                    FileName         10
     C                   Time                    Time
     C                   Move      Time          Binary
     C                   MoveL     Character     Instring
     C                   CallP     CnvrtHex(Instring:OutString)
     C                   Eval      FileName = 'Q'+ %Subst(OutString:1:9)
     C                   Eval      *inLR = *On
      *  Procedures Section                                           *
      *  ---------- -------                                           *

      /Eject
      /Title CnvrtHex : Obtain Hexa Conversions
      *  CnvrtHex                                                     *
      *  --------                                                     *
     P CnvrtHex        B
     D CnvrtHex        PI
     D  InString                     25
     D  OutString                    50

     D IntDS           Ds
     D  IntNum                        5I 0 Inz(0)
     D  IntChr                        1    OverLay(IntNum:2)

     D HexDS           Ds
     D  HexC1                         1
     D  HexC2                         1

     D Cntr            S              2  0 Inz(1)
     D Pos             S              2  0 Inz(1)
     D HexChr          S              1

     C                   Do        25            Pos
     C                   Eval      HexChr = %Subst(InString:Pos:1)
     C                   If        (HexChr < X'20')
     C                   Eval      %Subst(Instring:Pos:1)   = X'AA'
     C                   EndIf
     C                   Eval      IntChr = HexChr
     C     IntNum        Div       16            X1                5 0
     C                   Mvr                     X2                5 0
     C                   Eval      HexC1  = %Subst(HexDigits:X1+1:1)
     C                   Eval      HexC2  = %Subst(HexDigits:X2+1:1)
     C                   Eval      %SubSt(OutString:Cntr:2) = HexDS
     C                   Eval      Cntr   = Cntr + 2
     C                   EndDo

     P CnvrtHex        E
</code>