Thanks for the reply,

>Here are some of my questions/thoughts

>Is this all on the same AS/400?

>What is a location?  If these locations are all accessing the same
>AS/400 via some kind of green-screen, then where they are located should
>make no difference.  Look for differences in user profiles, library
>lists, authorities, etc.

It's a green-screen app on the same system. When I had the programmer test she
didn't have to sign off to get to the other set of data. I'll dig more on
Monday.

>If you display a slow and a fast job, what are the differences?

>Do 'locations' deal with different library lists which would have the
>same query run over different DB files?  A trigger would relate to the
>database, not the program and could account for the differences.

I didn't get into job details, but the STRDBMON data on the fast job, just did
the OPNQRYF using 2 files, 1 PF and 1 LF. DSPFD doesn't show a trigger. The
slow job shows the job ref. the SYSxxxx trigger files with some select stmts.
Then if ref a different PF (smaller in size) and it assc LF. I need to double
check but I want to say the slow files DO NOT and have a triggers either. Both
fast and slow are in the same lib.

Could this be a SYSTEM level trigger?

>Triggers do not magically appear on user database files after an
>upgrade.  Is this a shop in which someone may have experimented with new
>features after the upgrade?  (This assumes they are running against
>different files).

I agree things like triggers don't magically appear.

I'll did deeper Monday with debug, job logs etc.

thanks again

Regards,
Andy Nolen-Parkhouse