From: vhamberg@attbi.com [mailto:vhamberg@attbi.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2002 5:00 PM
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: Help needed - can't change IP address of central system in Mgt
Central

I have 2 V5R1 systems. The IP addresses of both systems
has changed since I installed CAE. However, when I click
on "Endpoint Systems", the IP address of the central
system that is displayed is the old address. I cannot
change it.

The address of the other V5R1 machine, however, is
correct.

If I change central system to the other V5R1 machine,
it's address under "Endpoint Systems" is now ITS old
address. The address of the former central system is now
correct.

Endpoint discovery does not help.

I changed the attributes of the central system, so
that "IP address lookup frequency" is "Always" - default
is "Never".

After these changes I ended and restarted Management
Central server on both machines.

Host tables of both systems have only the new addresses.

I've changed the service addresses of the systems listed
under "My Connections" to the correct addresses - they
had not been changed.

I've searched the Registry for both of the old
addresses, in nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn form - not there. Have not
searched for HEX form - don't know how.

I've searched my system for the addresses, again, not
found.

I could delete Client Access and start over, but I don't
want to. I'm also not convinced it'd help.

Thanks

Vern Hamberg