Hope this helps Ray,

When working with lists, (or any display with a command line) using F9
will bring back the most recent command and put it on the command line.
It will also position the cursor on the command line. IMHO this is the
fastest way to put the cursor on the command line when working with a list.

Again when working with a list, F5 will refresh the display. It will
also move the cursor to the first entry position at the top of the list.
The quickest way to position the cursor to the top of the list.

Syd Nicholson

Shahan, Ray wrote:

Hi all,

My name is Ray Shahan...I'm a total NEWBIE at the AS400 (err, iseries).  I
come from the hp3000 (err, e3000) world, and am trying to learn the AS400

So as not to bother you with what I know will be simple questions, I'll try
the archives first.

The first question I have that was not in the archives is:  when I'm at the
command line, and in a menu of listed options, how can I toggle between the
listed options and the command line without using the cursor?  For example,
if I list the members in my SRCPF, I currently use the cursor to move from
the command line to any of the members listed...while it's not a real
bother, it seems there should be a way to toggle.

TIA for any help

Ray Shahan

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans", John Lennon