From: rob@dekko.com [mailto:rob@dekko.com]
Sent: 23 August 2002 16:26
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: RE: SAVSYS and SAV IBM-Supplied Directories

Jeff,

Is SAVLICPGM really part of SAVLIB *NONSYS, or *IBM?
Many licensed programs currently require various IFS directories,
including, but not limited to:  Websphere, Client Access, Netstation
support.

No, I don't think so.

Jorge,

Finding the IBM supplied directories is rather by guess.  There are IBM
manuals that might assist, but I wouldn't think they would be 100%.
Is there a reason that you would only want to save IBM supplied
directories, and not yours?  I can't think of one.  Not even restoring to
a remote system to load from scratch.  IBM sticks some of your
configuration data in there.

To do a complete save you be well served by:
SAVSYS
SAVLIB LIB(*NONSYS) ACCPTH(*YES)
SAVDLO DLO(*ALL) FLR(*ANY)
SAV DEV('/QSYS.LIB/TAP01.DEVD')
        ('/QSYS.LIB' *OMIT) /* Saved with SAVLIB */
        ('/QDLS' *OMIT)     /* Saved with SAVDLO */
       )
    UPDHST(*YES)

Benjamin Franklin

Jeff Bull <Jeff.Bull@itm-group.co.uk>