vhamberg@attbi.com escribió:

> I assume you have the euro-enabled fonts for Windows and
> Office?

Yes, as mentioned in my original note, no problem to key in the Euro sign on the
PC, even with MS WORD, as long as you save the document as XXX.doc . As I
pointed
out, using Wordpad, I can see the Euro signs, can key in some more euro signs,
no
problem, ... If the file is again saved as "XXX . txt"   flat text file, no
problem to reopen it again with Wordpad: euro signs are still there. But if open
again with MS WORD, euro signs show as blank squares. With WORD, I can type more
euro signs, and see them, but if I save the document again as "*.txt" text file,
next time I open it with WORD, all euro signs are "cheated", even those that I
entered using WORD itself, will again be transformed into blank squares...
So, it's not a problem of enabling fonts, since I can see them while I key them
in, but as soon as saved as text file, then they cannot be re-edited with
WORD...
So it must be a matter of Font matching when "importing" a text file into
WORD...

> Have you tried STMFCODPAG(*PCASCII)? That's supposed to
> be the one for Windows.
> Is your 400 set to code page 1140? I saw something that
> says that is the extension for 37 that has the euro.

Our AS/400 CHRID is (697 284), where 284 is the standard Spanish CodePage.
Anyway, or PC's 5250 sessions are configured as with CodePage 1145 which is the
Spanish Euro Codepage. No problem keying-in eurosigns, saving them in a source
file (e.g. QTXTSRC), printing them, that part in the AS/400 thru CA Express
gives
no problem.
Yes I tried *PCASCII. Same results as mentioned above.
As I mentioned, transfer to the PC does the translation correctly, since I can
edit the final flat text file using Wordpad, and can see the euro signs
correctly. So, translation seems correct.
It's just a problem with MS Office WORD...  I guess the document it self wears
some "internal codepage".

Some time I read some answers to other questions (no relation to this problem) ,
where some one suggested to "create" a text file in the PC side as an empty
file,
but then it would "hold" its own, original, PC codepage... and would keep it
after the transfer...
The point is in my case I cannot create the file before hand, since I need to
create several files with different names depending on the the content being
created, so I have to create the text file either with CPYTOPCD or CPYTOSTMF ...
Which codepage should I use in CPYTOSTMF that will be honored by MS WORD ?