Having done so many commands, do you find it desirable/necessary to always
have a separate CPP even when it doesn't do anything?  In my case, the
command was front-ending a RPG program and the parms just went straight in
without change, so I was trying to avoid having a separate CL program.  I
did try your suggestion anyway though, and put the CHGVAR into a separate CL
program in between the command and the RPG program and it works fine, of
course.  It did cause me to have to rename the command, however, since it
used to be the same as the RPG program.

I can see the utility of having a separate CPP, just a few more pieces to
keep up with.  From your experience, would you see any problem with having
the CL and RPG modules the same name as the command and just bind the two
modules into one ILE program object with the same name as the command?