Look, this is just ludicrous.  This discussion has been a nonsense
avalanche.

> Gotta love pc's, 128MB can't handle 2 measly tasks at the same time

A junk PC here in the office that wasn't powerful enough to run Windows
running OpenBSD handles mail, SSH, web, whatever.  Never breaks a sweat.

> :RAM.  Go to 256 at least, 512 would be better.  You've got
> :plenty of horsepower, but it's wasting it's time paging RAM as
> :it tries to multi-task. RAM's still pretty cheap.

Another wonderful AS/400ism: if the box is slow, it's because you need
<insert some completely ludicrous amount of RAM here> MB RAM.

I'm writing this in Windows 2000 on a five-year-old P120 with 98MB RAM.
128MB is considered the minimum, and I'm always running Word, Outlook, and
as many CA/400 or putty terminals as I can fit on the screen.  This isn't an
endorsement of Windows, I'm just pointing out what's possible.

> :I have CA Express V4R5M0 installed on a new PC with 1.4GHZ and
> :128MB RAM running W2K SP2.  The only thing running on this PC
> :is 2 display sessions and 1 printer session.  Whenever someone
> :prints something to
> :the printer the PC just DIES!!!!!!!   It takes 10-15 seconds after
> :hitting a key to get a response, even just inputting data into
> :a field. Any ideas???

I have an idea: IBM writes consistently shoddy software (at least for PCs)
and releases it like a plague.  If you want the software to work, prepare to
spend lots of time navigating the mazelike infocenter looking for crazy
service packs.