Dennis,

Just a heads up, by default Ping times out each packet at 1 second.  If your
intent is to detect network congestion problems, you should allow for longer
wait times.  We had one connection incorrectly reported as unavailable when
our ping monitor reported 0 of 5 pings successful.  In reality, all 5 were
received, just very slowly ( > 3000 ms).

Eric DeLong
Sally Beauty Company
MIS-Project Manager (BSG)
940-898-7863 or ext. 1863