I have done a program that does just that. Here is part of the source
that is relevent to your question:

             PGM        PARM(&ADR &INTERVAL &FIC &LIB)

             DCL        &adr      *CHAR    15

             DCL        VAR(&INTERVAL) TYPE(*DEC) LEN(4 0)

             DCL        &fic      *CHAR   10

             DCL        &lib      *CHAR   10

             DCL        &msgid    *CHAR   7

             DCL        &bin      *CHAR   4

             DCL        &bina     *CHAR   1

             DCL        &data     *CHAR   100

             MONMSG     MSGID(CPF0000) EXEC(GOTO CMDLBL(ERROR))

             OVRDBF     FILE(DRLOGP) TOFILE(&LIB/&FIC) MBR(*FIRST)

loop:

             PING       RMTSYS(&ADR)

loop2:

             RCVMSG     MSGDTA(&DATA) MSGID(&MSGID)

             IF         COND((&MSGID *NE 'TCP3210') *AND (&MSGID *NE +

                          '       ')) THEN(GOTO CMDLBL(LOOP2))

             IF         COND(&MSGID *EQ 'TCP3210') THEN(DO)

             CHGVAR     VAR(&BIN) VALUE(%SST(&DATA 1 4))

             CHGVAR     VAR(&BINA) VALUE(%BIN(&BIN))
             IF         COND(&BINA *NE '5') THEN(DO)
             CALL       PGM(DRU0001R) PARM(&ADR &BINA)
             ENDDO
             ENDDO

             DLYJOB     DLY(&INTERVAL)
             GOTO       CMDLBL(LOOP)

             GOTO       CMDLBL(ENDPGM)

>>> oliver.wenzel@cibavision.novartis.com 06/28/02 03:10am >>>
Hello,

I'm currently running a ping monitor - it pings an AS/400 at a remote
site
every 5 minutes. How do I get that ping data
into a database file for doing statistics.

All our external traffic is going through a WAN line (mail, notes,
internet,
EDI). Every now and then the line is very
busy and I'm getting high pings to the remote AS/400 (EDI).

Thanks,

Oliver