Jorge,

The audit journal is not used to record the changes (i.e. record updates,
adds, deletes. etc.).  To record the images of the updates a data base
journal must be created, I wish it were that simple.  Here is an example of
the process of creating a journal, journal receiver and then start
journaling of the file(s).

Create the journal receiver first:  CRTJRNRCV (Record the journal receiver
name and library).
Create the Journal:  CRTJRN (Attach the journal receiver created above to
the journal).
Use the command to start journaling on the file. STRJRNPF

There are a couple of things to be careful of when using journaling (i.e.
when a journal receiver fills up, no one can update the file until a new
journal has been generated).

There is a lot of information in the backup and recovery guide about data
base journals.

Hope this helps,

William J. Finch
Senior Services Consultant
Lakeview Technology
Home Office:  (702) 256-4309
Fax:                (702) 256-4315
Cell:                (630-215-4675)

                      jmoreno@militaryca
                      rs.com                    To:
Midrange-L@midrange.com
                      Sent by:                  cc:
                      midrange-l-admin@m        Subject:  QAUDJRN and who
changed my source file member ?
                      idrange.com

                      06/12/2002 12:28
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      midrange-l

Hello iSeries users -

Currently we are interested in knowing if the changes made to a source
file member are being recorded in the System QAUDJRN journal.

I looked at the entry types and I saw the Create Object and Delete Object
journal entries. I did not see (or could not interpret) entries for
the Add/Remove/Change of a source file member.

My question is: Is it possible to obtain that information from the
System QAUDJRN journal. ?

Is there anyother way to obtain that information from the system without
having to secure the source files and allowing authorities to a selected
number of programs ?

Is it necessary to go to a security level of 50 or different ?

I am sure somebody has crossed this road before  ...

Your answers will be of great help.

Regards

Jorge Moreno
Systems Analyst