Andy

If I have a number of partitions, how do I create a SAVSYS for each of them
? Seems like being able to use a tape in the way that was suggested might
have some application in a multiple partition machine.

Otherwise that expensive tape resource with extra capacity to backup all my
systems needs operator intervention when I'm doing a system save on ANY of
my partitions. Of course I probably do anyway as all system saves have to
happen interactively from the console. (not to mention having to have a
dedicated console connection for each partition)

 From an application point of view this does make the system a little hard
to manage and needs a little more thought IMHO.

Just another perspective.

Regards
Evan Harris