Bob,

A very interesting response; a different angle I hadn't considered.

However,

>I don't know a single IT executive that is willing to put his
>shop at risk by replacing their existing applications with new
>applications to take advantage of new technology.

You've never seen a shop throw away an AS/400 system with proven
corporate-duty applications for an unproven Oracle system (because it was
newer, and the CIO just "knew" it would cost less to operate)???  I've seen
it.  They're out there.  (From what I've heard, they're still throwing money
into the pit.)

- Dan Bale
(I am *NOT* "Dale"
http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l/200105/msg00281.html )