Rick,

Your system should have powered down 200 seconds following the loss of
power.  However, you should also have received messages in your
designated queue (and QSYSOPR I believe) related to loss of utility
power at the moment power was lost.  If you received no messages, it
sounds as though your UPS and the hardware cable are not configured
correctly.  This is purely related to the UPS and the cable, there is no
configuration required on the OS/400 side.

Regards,
Andy Nolen-Parkhouse