From: "Angela Wawrzaszek" <awawrzaszek@nucorauburn.com>
To: <midrange-l@midrange.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2002 8:37 AM
Subject: RE: qusrsplfa API

  The total thing I am looking to do is give users ability to fax or email
spool files from our optical system ONDEMAND.  Currently they select a
report that was stored on here and send it to an output queue,  I have a
monitor running over this output queue from our forms package EZPRINT,
which then sends it to the output queue the user would want the report to
print at.  We do not have the ability to change ONDEMAND or EZPRINT  soooo
I thought if the user wanted to fax/email the report to someone ( other than
the fax/email the report normally goes to - this is on the report and our
fax program would automatically send it to that person) I would have the
monitor over the outq from ezprint send it to a "dead" output queue,  where
I then need to create a monitor/dataqueue possibly over this outque to grad
the files sent and prompt the user to address where they want it to go,
thus I need the ability to retrieve the attributes of the spool file.  I
could potentially have multiple users requesting reports at one time,  so
thru ezprint I can change some of the attributes like form type or user data
to be something like user name so I know I am only picking up that users
info.   What would be the best - but ezprint says I can not do this -  is on
a monitor from ezprint call a CL that does the merge & prompts right them
for the fax/email address.  EZprint only gives the ability to specify an
outq after doing a merge,  and I really need to do a 2 step process.  I am
not sure even with creating my own monitor or a data queue if I will run
into problems with grabbing wrong spool files,  not getting all of them of
what.  I am just toying with different ideas.  If anyone has had a similar
experience and figured this out already.....
We use omtool fax400 for our fax/email  and I am trying to use sndfspl
command to grad a document from ondemand-> ezprint merge ->  fax/email by
allowing user to manually address