The reason for the "other" ports (hope I state this correctly)
RUNRMTCMD is not a Client Access cmd. It is for remote command
execution from as400 to either sna or ip systems. For ip, it uses rexec, an
ip cmd
who "well-known" port is 512. (see cfgtcp menu, option 21 Related Tables,
then opt 1 for service table entries for all the ports used by the 400 (not
by CA
on a pc). I can use the same runrmtcmd to a NT not using Client Access and
it
would work the same way. The 8475 port in CA doc is when CA starts the
rmtcmd
(sending the remote cmd to the as/400) from the apar:
SERVER:  Remote Command
DEFAULT PORT:  8475 (9475)
  from a PC to an AS/400 and for program calls

the port 5788 "may be" the negotiated port after talking to the "well known"
port. If you do a NETSTAT cmd on AS400, you will see all your Client Access
connections. They first connect on well known port 23 (telnet) and then are
re-directed
to a randomly assigned port. I am guessing remote command works the same.
Your router/firewall allows port 23 & any job initiated thru 23 & redirected
to another port.
<btw-not a router expert>
hth
jim