Hi Gary

I tried this with a 'dir c:\ /s' to get a long-running PC task. I saw the
same kind of thing. I think the 512 is a listening port. I saw local port
of 25,000 something or other. I don't think this matters. As I understand
it, this number can be generated by the client and is sent to the server,
to the well-known port for rexec, which is 512. If your client used the
same port, there'd be a conflict if you have the rexecd (server) set up on
your client machine (the 400 in this case), which also would be using that
port # to communicate.

So this is normal, desired behavior, I think.

I think this 512 port is not at that document because that is about Client
Access. rexec is regular TCP/IP, not CA.

I assume your router is set up for going out to and in from 512. Be careful
about the letting incoming to 512 - unless you want clients outside your
system to run commands on your 400.  :-( Maybe.

HTH

Vern