How does this compare to things like Seagull? IIRC, that depended on DDS, too.

OTOH, what did Workstation Gateway do? Not that I want to go to that. <g>

The presentation mentioned that system screens do not get converted.

I'd've thought UIM -> Java would be a natural. UIM is a dynamic screen
handler, you don't explicitly specify locations, as with DDS. Rather, you
tell UIM what to put on the screen and it determines the spacing, etc.
Sounds like a Java layout manager to me.

Someone had to have made the decision not to support UIM. But it is
curious, seeing as almost all IBM's screens are panel groups.

Just looked on our system - in Q* libraries, 283 DSPF, 792 PNLGRP (both
help and screen), 622 menus (UIM type).